About Letterbox Library
For over 30 years, Letterbox Library has been a leading children's bookseller and education supplier, bringing teachers, librarians and parents the best in inclusive children's books.
We are famous for our book selection process:
- we specialise in books in which all children can see themselves and which reflect our world community in all of its diversity;
- we use an expert team of volunteers, including teachers & children, to review and choose all of our books;
- inclusive content is not enough; our reviewers only select books which also show excellence in storyline/artwork;
- we are passionate about resisting commercial trends; we want to offer children real choices in what they read;
- we are also known for our books promoting social justice.
We are a not-for-profit social enterprise.
- we are committed to providing you with high quality and honestly priced products
- for full access to this site & discounts, you can become a member of Letterbox Library for just £5 a year Click here....
An anthology of the all-time shakers and movers in black music history; the genre-definers and innovators of Funk, Motown, Reggae, Soul, Discos and beyond. Extremely attractive layout with Masi's flat-page iconographic pop art style stamping its way across 2 page spreads per artist/band. Clear text pulls key facts about each...
Services for Your School, Nursery or Centre
- for a £5 annual membership fee, you will receive discounts on all of our products
- members can also do themed book searches on our site
- you can order all of our books and tailored nursery/school book packs online. Schools etc. can be invoiced.
- if you prefer, we can make a book selection for you to meet your needs/budget
- for budgets of £200+, we offer a free, books-on-approvals service where we can send a box of books to your workplace
- for larger budgets (£2,000+) we can provide a whole school/library stock consultancy & supply service which can include a half day visit to your setting
- for details on any of these services please email/phone.
Exhibitions and Events
Letterbox Library exhibits at regional and national events. We provide short workshops/talks to teachers (eg: using inclusive books in the classroom), speak at industry events on our book specialisms and chair author panels. If you would like us to attend your event, please email/phone us.
New No Outsiders Book Pack
The brand new, updated, inclusive book pack for 'No Outsiders'. A selection of 42 children's books, covering EYFS to Year 6, selected to support primary schools to develop a curriculum response to the Equality Act 2010. The book selection is used in the 'No Outsiders' scheme for schools and encourages children to explore identities, focus on diversity and embrace difference.
Agents of Hope Book Pack
A selection of 14 picture books for Key Stages 1 & 2, selected by Andrew Moffat (Personal Development Lead at Excelsior Trust) and endorsed by Letterbox Library.
Includes books which explore:
feelings of worry/anxiety;
ways in which to support each other;
how to thrive together as a school community.
Perfectly suited to prompting discussions about the impact of coronavirus and the transition back to school as well as, ultimately, promoting messages of cooperation and hope. Andrew Moffat's resource includes lesson plans for each of the books. See it Here
Little Rebels Childrens Book Award
The Little Rebels Children's Book Award is a prize for radical children's fiction. The award was established in 2012 by the Alliance of Radical Booksellers in conjunction with Letterbox Library. You can find out all the latest Little Rebels News by clicking here.