About Letterbox Library
For over 30 years, Letterbox Library has been a leading children's bookseller and education supplier, bringing teachers, librarians and parents the best in inclusive children's books.
We are famous for our book selection process:
- we specialise in books in which all children can see themselves and which reflect our world community in all of its diversity;
- we use an expert team of volunteers, including teachers & children, to review and choose all of our books;
- inclusive content is not enough; our reviewers only select books which also show excellence in storyline/artwork;
- we are passionate about resisting commercial trends; we want to offer children real choices in what they read;
- we are also known for our books promoting social justice.
We are a not-for-profit social enterprise.
- we are committed to providing you with high quality and honestly priced products
- for full access to this site & discounts, you can become a member of Letterbox Library for just £5 a year Click here....
Based on the lyrics of the song made world-famous by Louis Armstrong. A child basks in the delights of the natural world and wonders at the magic of humanity. The illustrator was inspired to do this book by a memory of learning the song while he was at school. Comes...
Services for Your School, Nursery or Centre
- for a £5 annual membership fee, you will receive discounts on all of our products
- members can also do themed book searches on our site
- you can order all of our books and tailored nursery/school book packs online. Schools etc. can be invoiced.
- if you prefer, we can make a book selection for you to meet your needs/budget
- for budgets of £200+, we offer a free, books-on-approvals service where we can send a box of books to your workplace
- for larger budgets (£2,000+) we can provide a whole school/library stock consultancy & supply service which can include a half day visit to your setting
- for details on any of these services please email/phone.
Exhibitions and Events
Letterbox Library exhibits at regional and national events. We provide short workshops/talks to teachers (eg: using inclusive books in the classroom), speak at industry events on our book specialisms and chair author panels. If you would like us to attend your event, please email/phone us.
No Outsiders Book Pack
A selection of 35 books, covering EYFS to Y6, selected to support primary schools to develop a curriculum response to the Equality Act 2010. The titles in this book pack encourage children to explore identities and focus on diversity as a whole. These books would make a welcome addition to any classroom bookshelf or library. The book selection is used in the No Outsiders scheme for schools, which teaches children to recognise and celebrate difference.
We greatly enjoy working in partnership with a broad range of groups and workplaces. These include:
- providing the Power of Reading book packs for the Centre for Literacy in Primary Education;
- developing and supplying books for Bright Horizons' literacy projects;
- providing the book pack which accompanies Andrew Moffat's No Outsiders equalities training for schools;
-joining with Let Toys be Toys on their #LetBooksBeBooks campaign;
- partnership with industry campaigners Inclusive Minds.
Little Rebels Childrens Book Award
The Little Rebels Children's Book Award is a prize for radical children's fiction. The award was established in 2012 by the Alliance of Radical Booksellers in conjunction with Letterbox Library. You can find out all the latest Little Rebels News by clicking here.